- Launch a committee to design your Virtual Exhibition Programme, to develop content & scripts with presenters and to confirm AF144-A Consent Forms for any appearances by minors.
- Gather videos from your presenters, speakers, creators & performers in Google Drive, embracing the charm of DIY home videos for this context while capturing quality audio/video with a few simple suggestions:
- Quiet indoor/outdoor space with clean background
- Steady the camera, laptop or mobile device at eye level
- Face into light and speak/perform into the lens
- Encourage original content, music and images to avoid copyright claims on your videos.
- Note that using copyrighted content, especially popular music tracks, can provoke copyright claims, advertising and even cause entire audio tracks to be muted or videos to be blocked from public exhibition on platforms like youtube.
- The YouTube Audio Library is one of many online sources for royalty-free, creative-commons audio tracks, and it can be accessed from your YouTube Studio page.
- Deliver final videos to your Editor in RVSchools Google Drive for assembly into a master video of the Programme.
- Note that videos may also be shared on YouTube as a Playlist of separate videos.
- Review your Programme video or playlist as a team in Google Drive before you upload a copy of your Virtual Exhibition video(s) as a Premiere on your official school YouTube Channel.
- The video privacy settings should be set to Public so that everyone in your community can view the video link. In the case of these public videos, you can also choose the setting "for kids" to prevent a live comment feed during the premiere.
- Share the video/playlist link across your official school Social Media, including email, website, newsletter, twitter, facebook, etc., and encourage everyone in your learning community to share & tune in!
Class of 2020!
When schools closed in the spring of 2020, many schools created virtual exhibitions for their graduation ceremonies.
Visit the RVS Channel for the playlist of virtual graduation ceremonies, speeches, parades and more!